- Ross secured an increased budget from £8-10m a year to £15m for film4, who make 6 films per year.
- Set up a low budget studio with the film council and distributors Optimum as well as WarpX (digital production house)
- Working across TV and film drama also allowes for economics and cross fertilisation
- Film4 gains a lot of money through advertising.
- Ross see's film4 as part of a wider creative community with Working Title, the BBC and BBC Films, as well as partnerships with distribution compaines.
- WarpX are a film4/UK film council joint project with the Sheffield based indie WarpX that finance three low budget films per year.
Friday, 3 December 2010
Film4 is controlled by Tessa Ross. (picture to the right)